Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Basil & Me

I love basil.  I don't know why.  A lot of respect I guess.  Got a great deal on a basil plant, less than two dollars for a very large bundle.  I love the clean outdoorsy herbal aroma of a fresh basil plant.  It makes me think of being in a rainy forest drenched with soft rain water.  This basil plant is so richly deep dark green in color, so alive and healthy looking.  It's plush large deep green soft leaves make me want to roll in it.  If I had a bathtub I would throw a handful of basil in and soak my body and mind in the luster of the soft leaves in the little rain forest I see in my mind.  I don't know what physical effects basil would have on my body but the effects on the mind are jubilant!  Feeling this good has to be good for the soul.  I want so much to grow my own basil as I use it a lot so am experimenting with this huge bundle.  I've got some sticking out of a jar of water to see if it will root.  I planted some just as it was with no roots in slushy water hoping it will root and I have some hanging upside down to dry out.  It's been hanging upside down now for three days.  Still not dried out due to the season.  Don't have a microwave so can't dry it that way.  Will see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment